Sulphur is good for ALL skin, not just problem skin
Sulphur is a vital mineral, which we all need in our bodies. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial, it is known as nature’s beauty mineral.
Active sulphur’s therapeutic & curative qualities will tone, care and repair the skin.
All Harrogate Sulphur Soap products contain sulphur and spring water drawn by hand from Harrogate’s Old Stinking Well. We also add Vitamin E. The new toiletry range (Citrus Spring bar soap, Shampoo, Bath Crystals, Body Wash, Facial Moisturiser, Body Lotion & Sulphur Cream) all contain essential oils. Additionally; Body Lotion, Facial Moisturiser & Sulphur Cream are pH balanced.
Our combination of therapy & beauty means that our products can be used safely by all of the family.
We advise daily usage to promote a healthy skin lifestyle regime.
None of our products contain coal tar or steroids.
Sulphur is widely used in the managed care of a variety of problem skins.
- Sulphur stimulates the body's natural healing powers, causing a general improvement of symptoms.
- Sulphur has been used to treat problem skins for decades and still remains a valuable constituent of problem skin care ingredients. Even from the time of Hippocrates - the father of modern medicine - sulphur preparations have been used to treat skin conditions.
- The first signs of a sulphur deficiency are dry skin, and brittle hair and nails. Other symptoms may include sore joints and muscles, diabetes, headaches, allergies and fatigue.
- Sulphur is found abundantly in keratin, a protein that strengthens hair, nails, and skin.
- Sometimes referred to as "nature's beauty mineral", sulphur plays a role in the production of collagen, a protein that helps keep skin elastic and healthy.
- Sulphur is a mineral present in every cell in the human body, with its greatest concentration in hair, skin and nails. It has also been called the "healing mineral" because of its ability to promote circulation and decrease inflammation.
- Sulphur baths, and other forms of sulphur applied directly to the skin, seem to benefit psoriasis, eczema, acne, dandruff, folliculitis (infected hair follicles), warts, and pityriasis versicolor (a chronic skin disorder characterized by patches of skin that differ in colour from the usual skin tone).
- Researchers and Dermatologists have worked hard to find different methods to treat skin problems. During the research, it has been found that Sulphur can be used to help. Sulphur is a Keratolytic agent that helps to shed dead cells. Dead skin cells are responsible for blocking the skin pores and creating the conditions necessary for acne causing bacteria to multiply. Compound sulphonamides of sulphur help in retarding the growth of bacteria. Sulphonamides limit the acids in bacteria that are responsible in the reproduction of the bacteria, therefore making sulphur a good agent to treat seborrhoea, acne, eczema and psoriasis conditions.
- Topically, sulphur-rich creams are used to treat problems such as scalp conditions. It has been particularly successful in treating Seborrhoeic Dermatitis. Sulphur creams have been shown to reduce the increased sebum production, while ridding the scalp of itchy scales.
- Sulphur is an effective treatment of inflammatory pimples.
- Active sulphur's therapeutic & curative qualities will tone, care and repair the skin